Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My baby is 12..booo whoo

Twelve years ago I was at the hospital getting an epidural and the IV. It was one of the coldest days on record in New Iberia. I actually rode to the scheduled induction of my baby girl with my mom because Kenny was a nervous wreck. Who would of thought the that was the beginning of a wonderful road ahead as a mom, friend and pony tail fixer. My little girl is 12 now and she is such a great kid. She is compassionate, loving and just a blessing to our the family every day. Many things have changed over the years with her, like her favorite color being pink, now it is blue. She used always tell granny that she would sleep tomorrow, that it was too dark for her to stay tonight. Now, Kelsey loves to be gone and always sleeping at any friends house and would never tell her Granny no now. Kelsey has always had a special place in her heart for all living things. Our first place we lived as a family was next to cows, sheep's and any other farm animal the Fitch crew brought home. That has never changed she still wants to be a Vet when she grows up. She loves all animals including our dog Peanut aka retard. When we lived in Charleston she volunteered allot of time helping out at the SPCA. She would play and love all the homeless pets, and it never failed she asked at least once each visit if we could take just one more home. Over the years my little girl is turning into a beautiful young women. She makes me proud everyday and reminds me how fast time goes by, it feels like just yesterday she was still saying she wanted to watch Barney & Friends.
Our day today started a little early for me.. I woke up to try and make beignets for breakfast for her and Cort. Then off to school but not before a phone call from Granny for a birthday wish. I also had to finish up the cupcakes for her classmates. Then after school we had dinner with Tonya and Sydney at Pinky's. As you can see this place does amazing things with balloons. Mrs. Tonya said something about what animal were the kids for their birth year. So we looked it up at the restaurant and Kelsey was the year of the ox and Cort was the year of the dragon. So that's what Chris aka balloon man made them. She said she had a wonderful day even getting a balloon bouquet from her sidekick (Mrs. Katie).. The only thing that was missing was Daddy from her day. He has missed the last couple birthdays because of the sweet ole' Navy. I know he will make it up as he always does to his little girl..

Life is good...
Ashley


















5 comments:

Sarah said...

Awww! Im such an emotional basketcase lately...here I am crying over your blog! haha Kelsey is such a great girl! I have a little gift for her that I'll bring sunday...she likes Barbies right? Jk :-)

Ashley said...

Your so sweet.. you just need to have a husband home a little more to help that process along. Yes, barbies and bratz dolls : )
Your big appt is today so good luck.. See ya Sunday..

Kristen said...

I can't believe that she is 12! Happy B Day!

Anonymous said...

I tried to comment the other day but blogger wasn't letting me comment anywhere. I was blacklisted I guess. ;)

Beautiful words from a beautiful mom for a beautiful girl! Hope she enjoys her last year of "pre-teen'hood" and the party is great!

MissPrissy_98 said...

I know what you mean Logan just turned 7 and is nearly killed me. I cannot imagine what I will do when he reaches the double digits! Ah Ah Ah!! Life passes by too quickly.